Wednesday, August 20, 2008

JetBlue marketing: "Schedules? We don't need no stinkin' schedules!"

Well, it really doesn't get much better than this. Really. If this wasn't the truth, you would think I was lying.

It appears that the vaunted JetBlue marketing department - the same one that paints a nice blue veneer of customer happiness over their lousy customer experience - has the same casual relationship with scheduling as the people who coordinate the planes and the crews.

Before I reveal what I am talking about, a quick refresher to the thousands of new readers coming to this blog every week (and that also sets up this blog entry to perfection.)

1. I started this blog because JetBlue canceled my flight from Portland, Oregon, to New York and wanted me (and all the other passengers) to wait three days until they got around to scheduling us.

2. A couple of weeks ago, I was poking fun at JetBlue for inviting people to a dress rehearsal of their new terminal at JFK airport on August 23. This appears to involve arriving at the airport and then going nowhere - an experience that JetBlue passengers know all too well.

Well, guess what?

I received my invitation today from JetBlue! Yep. Your humble writer has been cordially invited to spend an August Saturday in Queens, New York, going nowhere with JetBlue.

I plan to wear a tee-shirt along the lines of "I paid JetBlue to fly me home from Portland and all I got was this lousy tee-shirt" with the address for this blog on the back. But I am open to suggestions.

Gee, I hope there will be reporters there!

But that's not the best of it. Click on the image below of the actual, fancy email invitation I received from JetBlue. As you can plainly see where I have circled in red, JetBlue seems to have some sort of genetic problem with schedules.

The RSVP date is five days after the actual event!

I guess we really will be making "aviation history" as we travel back to the future to accept JetBlue's ridiculous offer.

I will let you all know how it feels to be the world's first time travelers.

Also note at the bottom of the invite it says: "Note: You will not take a flight or leave the building during the trial run."

And this is different from my experience with JetBlue flight - how?

Happy Jetting!


No comments: